Monday, August 22, 2011

One of these things is not like the other

My soap.
Norm's soap.

The Asylum deal with hand-soap is that when one runs out, you reach under the sink and place a new one out on the counter. Hand-soap is one of the premier items featured on the massive Target receipts that accompany reimbursement requests. Given the immensity of the Target haul, there are upwards of three extra bottles in the house at any given time. Currently, there are two under the sink in the second floor bathroom alone. They are always Softsoap. 

And yet...

Younger sister's soap. 

Fancy soap?! I have no hard evidence to prove that this was included in the receipt for which I paid my share.

I did, however, once try to buy my own soap. I bought one that I liked the smell of. I put it on the sink. I did not ask for reimbursement. (Because, A. It was $1.29, B. It was for my side of the sink and C. Really? This is a thing?)

I was told by Younger Sister to use one of the provided soaps under the sink. And, she continued, if I buy something else, put a Post-It downstairs and ask everyone to contribute.

She ran to her room and grabbed 75 cents. I refused.

But in exchange, I have been solely using the fancy soap for a full week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment