Thursday, August 25, 2011

Weightlifting gloves trump yoga clothes

Gloves dry better if they are arranged as inverse images. Fact.

Often, when the sisters fight with each other, they will slam the doors of their respective rooms. 

Door slamming is punctuation. It's the exclamation point on an all-caps phrase, sealing it shut with the same high volume that carried the argument across the apartment. 

Today I slammed the door of my room. I hadn't had a fight. I hadn't even exchanged a word with Younger Sister, who was downstairs. My door slam was more of an incredulous question mark on the end of a whispered, italicized phrase. 

As previously documented, I am not awesome at laundering punctually. But I do have several things working against me: 

1. I teach hot yoga.
2. I teach hot yoga more than once a day.
3. I teach hot yoga away from the house between the hours of 8am and 10pm. I am at home when Norm is sleeping in the room adjacent to the laundry. 

These things combine to mean:

1. I have to do laundry at least every 10 days or I will smell like a moldy onion. 
2. Sometimes I put laundry in before I leave in the morning and can't change it out until I return at night. 
3. When I do laundry, I have at least two loads to do at a time. 

So I understand when my stuff is in the way and has to be taken out ahead of time or someone throws a load in while my stuff sits aside. 

What I do not understand is how if I do laundry more than the average person, how is someone else in the house ALWAYS doing laundry at the same time as me? What clothing needs washing so urgently that my clothes are, without fail, bumped out of laundry process?

Answer: Weightlifting gloves. 

Just so we're clear, not one, but two, pairs of lady weightlifting gloves, in addition to three sports bras and a pillow case were enough to warrant hurrying my laundry along. 

Just so we're even clearer, my sports clothing, that I get paid to wear, was taken out of the washer and put into the dryer at the wrong setting with someone else's dryer sheets so that the unemployed sister could wash gloves that serve little purpose for anyone. 

Are you kidding me(insert door slam here)

1 comment:

  1. My first pair of yoga pants are so very comfortable, that I simply want to wear them all the time.Searching to Buy yoga pants women? LiveBreatheYoga.Com offer high quality eco yoga clothing for Men and Women also.

    ReplyDelete