Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The progression of passive-aggressiveness, Exhibit C

It's no Highlights magazine's picture search, but find the differences! 

In the third expression of passive-aggressive money-collection, three minor differences help the younger sister reinforce the theme while changing tactics:

1. Move the Post-It to the fridge for maximum visual traffic.

2. Re-underline deadline using red marker. Add underline for intended recipient, in case everyone paid the wrong person. (You mean I can't pay myself? That's totally why she hasn't received the money yet.)  

3. Fill a parenthesis with a guilt-laden explanation for the amount of money owed. 

I do owe less for the 32 rolls of toilet paper. Because I am moving in two weeks. 

Following this logic, however, I owe less for everything in the house because I'm only home for six sleep-filled hours a day. 

This Post-It has opened up a black hole of money-collection logic. Using this train of thought, instead of $8, I owe about $.75 for the items on this list. And -$562 for the items throughout the year.
Apparently I'll settle for not paying on time and completely ignoring my cleaning duties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment